Friday, October 5, 2012

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater


My name is Blue Sargent.  My father is unknown to me and my mother....well she is...psychic.  She has the gift and so do her sisters while I possess nothing but energy.  Let me explain.  Whenever I'm around those with the psychic abilities, my "energy" draws the presence of the supernatural even more so.  In other words, I make their power stronger.  So, I'm pretty much a regular girls except that my soul mate could die at my hands or by my kiss.  There are these boys from the local all male prep school, Aglionby Academy, a.k.a. Raven Boys.  They are an odd pair.  I had a run-in with them at the diner that I work at in town.  That Gansey is a peace of work, the arrogant "BLEEP!?!?!"  You know what I mean.  He thinks money can buy him anything.  He needs some manners on how to talk to people.  Then there is Adam.  I think he likes me.  He's sweet in a shy sort of way.  Ronan is another "BLEEP?!?!?!" but in the worst way.  He has no filters and it's almost like he tries to hurt people on purpose.  Lastly, Noah.  You see him and you don't.  He appears as almost out of nowhere.  He has this fascination with smoothing my ruffled hair.  Maura, has warned me, repeatedly, to stay away from these boys.  I'm sick to death of being told what to do.  I am determined to become my own person.  You know that's kind of impossible when your mom is a psychic!

No comments:

Post a Comment