Friday, October 19, 2012

A Midsummers Nightmare by Kody Keplinger

Looking for a good time?  Don't call me because I will find you!  It's what I do.  I look for fun with booze and boys!  I'll get it any way I can.  My name is Whitley and I am not an alcoholic.  My parents divorced when I was like 10 or 11 years old. I'm 18 now, and I just graduated from high school.  Since Mom and Dad split, I spend every summer with him.  I wish I could live with him.  Mom is always putting him down and never has anything good to say.  Hell, she never even notices that I'm wasted or that I don't even come home sometimes.  I've been boozing since I was like 12 or so, but I can handle it.  After my summer fun with Dad, I will head off to the University of Kentucky, his alma mater.  The later doesn't change, but Dad had other plans for summer.  He has adopted a new ready-made family.  He's getting married, and I'm just finding out.  Sylvia, the perky, perfect lawyer wife-to-be.  Bailey, the bubbly, over-zealous-about-to-enter-high-school 13 year old.  Then the hottie: Nathan.  Cool, calm and wait!  This is the guy I spent graduation night with, my one night stand! Oh nooooooo!  This can not be my life.  Somebody please wake me up from this nightmare!

No comments:

Post a Comment