Thursday, October 4, 2012

Once Upon a Time There Was You by Elizabeth Berg

I'm Sadie and I'm 18 years old.  I'm about to graduate from high school.  I've just got back from visiting my dad.  he lives in Michigan and I live in San Francisco with my mom who is a royal pain.  I'm so sick of her trying to control every aspect of my life (MY being the operative word).  Guess what?  I have a boyfriend.  Nobody knows about him.  We're planning a romantic getaway in a few weeks.  I want him to be my first.  I want it to be right.  SO, I guess I'll have to lie to mom.  She'll never let me go if she really knows what's up.  Our big weekend is here and boyfriend is picking me up on the corner.  He's late....30 minutes late!  I'll fix him!  A stranger pulls up and ask for directions.  He's just not getting it.  I'll just ride a few blocks with him to make sure he doesn't miss the place.  Oh no!  Hey, he just passed the place! He won't stop the car!  No one knows where I am or what I was planning.  The only good thing about my disappearance(if there is anything good) is that my parents are really talking and listening to each other now.

No comments:

Post a Comment