Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Hi. My name is Hazel.  I'm 16 years old and have just begun to live my life!  Not.  I'm 16 and my life is ending.  Yep.  Ending.  I have cancer and it's terminal.  That means there is no cure. I go to these stupid support group meetings, but they don't help.  Besides, I have to haul this dumb oxygen tank around EVERYWHERE I go.  Why should today be any different?  It is.  There is a new face in our group.  Dude keeps staring at me.  What is his problem?  He's making me very uncomfortable.  This session can't end fast enough.  Wait!  He's coming over here.  What's he think he's doing? Hello!  I'm Augustus Waters.  I'm 17 years old and my cancer is in remission, but not before it took my leg.  I wear a prosthetic leg.  What I lost in a limb, I more than make up for it with my charismatic personality.  This girl, Hazel, looks (maybe "seems" is a better term) very familiar to me.  She's beautiful and smart!  She looks a little like Natalie Portman.  I must meet her.  I must convince her to go out with me. O M G!  She's going to break my heart!  I'm going to fall for her.  She is going to be my forever.  I hear you...don't tell me what love is or that I'm too young.  This is real, not puppy love.

No comments:

Post a Comment