Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Legend by Marie Lu

They call me Day.  That is not my real name, but it is better for everyone who comes in contact with me not to know my real identity.  The less, the better.  I am a fugitive and at the top of the Republic's most wanted list.  I have stolen to help the poor and the hungry.  I can scale the side of a building faster than anyone I know, but I. Am. Not. A. Killer.  I'll shoot AT you, and throw a knife, (and can hit you), but I would never kill you.  The Republic has portrayed me to be a murderer.  They say I killed one of their young captains, Metias Iparis.  What?  I hit him in the shoulder!  How did he die from a shoulder wound?  I'm June Iparis and a rising star among the Republic.  I scored a perfect 1500 on my trial.  That was when I was 10, and now I am 15 years old.  I'm being raised by my brother, Captain Metias Iparis, or so I was...until that scum con, Day, killed him.  I will not stop until I have brought him to justice or kill him myself.  I'd rather do the later.  He will regret the day he every killed my brother or came in contact with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment