Thursday, May 31, 2012

Fat Cat by Robin Brande

I’m Cat.  That’s short for Catherine.  All my friends and family call me Cat.  So I guess you can, too.  What a title for a book!  How original?  I’m sure that you can figure out from this title that I might be a bit overweight.  Actually, I’m a lot overweight.  I’m fat!  I happen to find food very comforting AND I love the taste of pizza, cookies, chips, and ice cream drizzled with hot fudge syrup!  What boy would possibly like me? I’m never going to date and it’s all Matt McKinney’s fault!  Ever since 7th grade, I’ve just focused on school and have a great job at the Poison Control Center with my mom.  I am super busy and have most AP classes and work after school everyday.  Even if I liked a boy, where would he fit into my plans.  Did I mention, I’m academically competitive and hate to lose to Matt.  We used to be best friends until I overhead him and that little snot, Willy, talking about me.  I was devastated.  Matt couldn’t like me because I was fat, and my new best friend, Amanda, could.  This semester, Mr Fizer has assigned us our topics for our science projects.  Guess who’s in my class?  Yep.  Matt.  Mr. Fizer doesn’t just assign topics like normal teachers.  He chooses these random pictures and from there you blindly (Seriously, you can’t look…your eyes are closed) select your “project.”  Well, I’m not going to tell you what I chose, but I will tell you it was life changing for me and I’m still evolving from it!

Read by Halla on May 31, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment