Wednesday, October 24, 2018

The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton

Beauty is not everything that is cracked up to be.  There is a very high price to pay.  The price sometimes results in betrayal, loss of family, and loss of love that you should have never had.  My name is Camellia Beauregard and I am a Belle.  I was made, not born in the traditional sense of birth.  I serve one purpose and one purpose only:  to make people beautiful...a gift and a curse.  I have lost myself and what's important to me, all for the sake of being named the "favourite" Belle.  But it was not me...I was not chosen....at least not at first.  Now that the Queen has selected me to be her favourite, I will show them all what I can do.  Everyone will love me...everyone will want me to reconstruct their dismal appearances and existence.  I'll say it again, the price of beauty is very costly and it may have cost me everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment