Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Coaltown Jesus by Ron Koertge

This would be another book were I am unable to speak from the voice of Walker.  I can tell you this.  I absolutely loved this book!  Written in verse, I found myself chuckling because I can be somewhat of a "smack" talker, even when it comes to talking to Jesus.  I loved that the author kept the story pure, simple and honest.  Authenticity is what we are looking for in all of relationships.  We make Jesus more complicated and unreachable than He really is.  He's always there.  Ever present.  Ever knowing.  All Powerful.  Walker had more power than he gave himself credit for.  Jesus had to show him that in an indirect way.  We may not be able to control all of our circumstances, but we can overcome them.  Let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment